Academies, Magnets, and Programs
Independence High School is home to three California Partnership Academies.
For more information on California Partnership Academies, please visit http://www.cde.ca.gov/ci/gs/hs/cpagen.asp
Independence High School also is home to the AVID program (Advancement Via Individual Determination).
For more information on AVID please visit http://www.avid.org
Academies & MagnetsTop of Page
Now is the time to start planning for next year! The academy programs at Independence offer you a great opportunity to experience and explore the career areas of automotive/transportation, construction, electronics, finance & business, space technology, and teaching.
- Automotive/Transportation: Please contact Mr. Politron
- AVID: Please contact Ms. Zausch
- Construction: Please contact Mr. Ellison
- Finance: Please contact Ms. Quach
- STEAM: Please contact Mr. Aiello
- Teaching: Please contact Ms. Garcia
WHY JOIN A PROGRAM or AN ACADEMY?
▪ Being part of an academy looks great on your college applications and it is an excellent way to become part of the IHS community.
▪ Academy teachers will be visiting your English, Math, and/or Science class soon. They will be able to give you an application, as well as answer any questions or concerns you might have.
▪ Join an Academy for your sophomore or junior year!
▪ Apply on-line today!
BY JOINING PROGRAM or AN ACADEMY, YOU WILL:
- Go on field trips and enjoy fun activities.
- Receive support and special help if you need it.
- Be in classes with students who have similar interests.
- Have a counselor for the Academy.
- Work with the same classmates in different classes.
- Learn more about a career you may want to pursue.
- Prepare for college.
- Enjoy the idea of being in a small school within a large school.
- Take courses which will meet college requirements.
- Have teachers who are dedicated to helping you succeed. AND
- You will make great friends!
Questions about the Academies? Please contact the coordinator
Still not sure? ASK A STUDENT!